To celebrate Christmas, we are giving away an amazing hamper filled with local food and drink delights to one lucky winner on Facebook!
The countdown to Christmas has started with only 12 days remaining till the big day! We’re feeling festive and want to celebrate the first 6 months of Foodful, as well as thank the local producers, subscribers and social media followers for the wonderful support we’ve received so far, by organising a Christmas giveaway full of wonderful local produce!
This hamper includes:
Heatherslaw Mill Scottish Oat flakes. Use either for making hearty bowls of porridge in the morning, as a topping for your meat or vegetarian main courses or mix up some Cranachan for a pudding to be enjoyed at your New Years party.
Chain Bridge Honey Farm Crunchy Honey Mustard and Tweedside Honey Jars. The Crunchy Honey Mustard would make a great glaze for a roast ham on Boxing Day. Enjoy the Tweedside Honey to make a cold-fighting honey and lemon drink or mix into baking to make a honey sponge or simply spread on toast.
DeliQuescent Christmas Pudding Gin Liqueur is one of the new Christmas flavours launched by DeliQuescent for the festive season. This fruity liqueur can be enjoyed on its own or with dessert or cheese board.
Left Field Kombucha No 1 Yunnan Black Kombucha. Kickstart you wellbeing plan before New Years and relish the full-bodied earthy flavours post-lunch instead of a traditional afternoon brew.
Stitchill Jerseys Farmhouse Butter. A real butter is considered a health food and a locally churned butter is even better. Enjoy Stichill Jerseys butter on toasted teacakes and toast for the ultimate snack!
Hay Farm Heavy Horse Centre‘s Strawberry Jam. Strawberry jam is the nation’s favourite. All the jams by Hay Farm are all homemade by Granny Jean. The jams and chutneys are award-winning and all sales go towards raising money for this wonderful charity based in Ford.
Border Eggs 6 free-range, organic eggs. Poach the eggs for a special holiday brunch!
If you have been planning to include a cheeseboard this Christmas, this hamper has got you covered. We’ve included 4 kinds of cheese from Northumberland which are:
- Blue House Goats Settled Goats Cheese is a mild, light soft cheese similar to Coulommiers cheese.
- Doddington Cheese Cuddy’s Cave is a semi-hard cheese with a mild flavour and citrus afternotes (please note this cheese is made with traditional rennet).
- Northumberland Cheese Company Redesdale Sheep Cheese & Nettle Cheese. The Nettle Cheese is Northumberland Cheese Co‘s bestselling cheese. The fresh nettle cuts through the creaminess of the cheese. Redesdale Sheep Cheese is the first cheese by Northumberland Cheese Co a sweet, subtle cheese with a refreshing tang.
Serve with Hadrian’s Game Larder‘s Venison Salami. It smells divine and can accompany all the cheese we’ve included in the hamper. The strong smoky flavour will complement a mild, soft cheese such as the Settled Cheese by Blue House Goats.
Or serve canapes with the venison with crackers, mustard and pickles with a bold, fruity red wine or a festive ale such as Muckle Brewing‘s Muckle Berry.
How to Enter
All you need to do to enter is to head over to our Facebook page and like, share and tag a foodie friend on the hamper post to be in with a chance of winning a taste of Northumberland and the Scottish Borders.
It is important that you do all 3 in order to be in with a chance of winning.
The winner shall be announced on the morning of Christmas Eve (Monday 24th December) and delivery arrangements will be organised so you can receive the hamper for Christmas Day.
Best of luck to all who enter the competition to win this fantastic prize!
Terms & Conditions
- Only entries of 18 years and over can enter this giveaway.
- The arrangement of the delivery or pickup of hamper will be arranged with the winner.
- Entry only valid to those who live in Northumberland or Scottish Borders.
- Only 1 entry per Facebook account is allowed.
- To be in with a chance to win you must like and share this post and tag a friend.
- All entries received after midnight on the Sunday 23rd December will not be valid.
- The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve and will be notified on Facebook.